Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Winter Storms

We've been getting hammered by winter storms recently. I've been very busy so sorry for the lack of updates here.

Right now we're still under a Winter Storm Warning. When I was out earlier, the snow was up to my ankles and there is still more on the way. Here is a map of the current traffic conditions:



There looks to be several accidents and slow-downs. While I've been filming, I have not driven out to get field shots during the worst of these storms. My car has proven to be a death trap on ice, and I want to still be able to chase thunderstorms this spring.

Here is video I shot of the last storm's progress:



We got 1 inch per hour snow fall rates with that storm. The video I shot on the first day was over the course of a couple of hours.

No comments: