Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Severe Thunderstorm

This is another storm that snuck up on me. By the time I realized that it was coming, it was nearly over top of us. I didn't have to travel down the road for this one. It came to us. The lightning got a little too close for comfort. One bolt struck just over my car.



Disclaimer: It's probably not a good idea to leave your window rolled down during a thunderstorm. Lightning can make it's way in to the car. However, wet windows make it hard to film anything and lightning was more likely to hit the car's antenna and I did roll up when it was striking directly over top of me. If you don't understand and respect the risks involved or feel uneasy about being struck by lightning, don't do it! You run just as much of a risk of being struck out in the open as you do with your window rolled down.

Here is the radar image of this storm.

No comments: