Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tornado Warning + Hail

This storm marks the first time that I've filmed hail. This storm totally snuck up up on me. I had no idea that it was coming until the lights started to flicker in our apartment. I have never seen so much cloud clutter before. The clouds turned green and started rotating. A minute or so later, a tornado warning was issued and the storm started to dump hail on my vehicle. I got hit by one of those hail stones and it gave me a little scratch on my hand.



Here are some images that rockystop123 took further in to the storm. He had to pull over because it was raining so hard.


And here is the radar image taken at the time of the storm.


The storm was topped off by a beautiful rainbow afterward. "Tornado sirens" briefly trended on twitter when they where going off. I guess that's to be expected in a heavily populated area. When I got back to our apartment, I was ready to edit video but the power went out for 8 hours so I had to get busy protecting perishable the food that I had just bought that day. I was able to get some work done on my netbook via a car adapter and Wi-Fi at a local McDonald's.

No comments: